Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel DSA EVO UP Rear Damper for BMW R1200GS / R1250GS Adventure from 2014
The Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel DSA EVO UP is an inexpensive and effective upgrade for the rear shock absorber of the BMW R1200GS / R1250GS Adventure with BMW Dynamic ESA. The big advantage is that the original electronic spring preload (EPA) and the spring can be used further. Only the electronic damper is replaced with a high-quality component from Touratech Suspension.
Another advantage of this clever suspension tuning is that the front Dynamic ESA shock absorber from BMW can be kept. If required, it can be exchanged for the Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel EVO shock absorber at a later date.
This upgrade is the ideal alternative when it comes to replacing worn or defective original dampers or upgrading riding dynamics for more comfort and riding pleasure. With this electronic damper element, we get the maximum out of the rear shock absorber of your GS in terms of riding comfort, reserves when loaded, and riding safety.
The semi-active shock absorber remains fully integrated in your motorcycle after the conversion and processes the data from the Central Function Unit (CFU) directly. There is no need for time-consuming teaching of the electronics. Operation is as usual via the standard switching units.
Take advantage of the advanced features of the EVO series:
The new electronic valve of the Plug & Travel EVO damper processes signals from your vehicle's own sensors with unprecedented precision. Whether onroad, offroad or on rapidly changing road surfaces, this suspension system reacts in real time to all eventualities.
The low friction seal combines the best durability with a low breakaway torque, ensuring sensitive response in all riding situations.
The new design of the Hyper Flow damper piston suppresses oil foam formation even at very high damper speeds and ensures consistent performance even under the most extreme loads.
For easy presetting of compression damping, the new EVO line provides an easy-to-operate rotary knob with an easily readable scale. This also enables less experienced users to reliably implement individual, reproducible suspension system setups.
The progressive end stop gently brakes extreme spring compression to provide maximum comfort.
Best durability thanks to minimal tolerances distinguishes the high-quality Uniball bearings. Their rubber seals are particularly pressure-resistant and effectively keep out dirt and water.
How does the Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel upgrade work?
- Please contact us via email email@example.com or telephone +49 7728-9279-1555
- Together we will find the optimum shock absorber upgrade for you
- Send-in option: we will arrange a date for you to send your standard Dynamic ESA BMW rear shock absorber to our Touratech Suspension Service Centre.
- Once your shock absorber arrives, the damper system will be converted within one working day. You will receive your upgraded shock absorber back asap.
- Complete assembly option: you arrange a workshop appointment with us and we carry out the complete upgrade including installation and removal at a fixed price in our Touratech Suspension Service Centre.
Top 10 advantages of the Touratech Suspension Plug &Travel EVO UP
- Cost-effective upgrade with the electronic Plug & Travel DSA EVO damper
- Continued use of the BMW EPA and BMW spring
- Seamless integration into your vehicle
- Newly developed electromagnetic valve – patented world-wide
- New Hyper Flow damper piston
- Low friction seal
- Convenient pressure stage adjuster
- Special Touratech setup for trips with luggage
- End stop with progressive buffer
- High-quality Uniball bearings
- Fully service-enabled
Scope of delivery:
- Touratech Suspension EVO Plug & Travel damper
- Without BMW Dynamic ESA EPA / without spring.
These components are taken from your original BMW shock absorber
- GOP documents
- Installation instructions
If you have further questions,
we would be happy to advise you personally. Please contact us.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone +49 (0)7728-9279-1555
Please use our suspension check list and send us the completed form.